Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fix for the reverse switch on these? My switch does not have to be turned to go in reverse. It will go sraight from 1st to reverse without the switch turned making it hard on the trans. ouch. Switch moves fine, shop I took it to said "it had to be something inside." Any help appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
is the switch working properly? Is it moving the cable on the tranny when you turn it? or is the lever stuck? If the lever is moving back and forth with the swtich then I would agree with the shop there's something going on inside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for reply Bill.
Switch works fine. Just a bad deal because when upshifting 2-1-N-R it will go from 1 to R with a full click or upshift. You gotta go about half click to stop at N.
Its not a real big deal for me because I know I have to be careful when getting near neutral, for kids or anyone else is what worries me. Anyone else ever have this problem?Thanks again

·
Never quite fixed.
496 Posts
Hey thanks for reply Bill.
Switch works fine. Just a bad deal because when upshifting 2-1-N-R it will go from 1 to R with a full click or upshift. You gotta go about half click to stop at N.
Its not a real big deal for me because I know I have to be careful when getting near neutral, for kids or anyone else is what worries me. Anyone else ever have this problem?Thanks again
I had this problem on my 220 when I had the lever on backwards. The lever that connects to the cable then bolts to the trans. Try switching it around and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
helo there have been many posts about these shiftin right into reversw.mine does this also and i yet to open it up to inspect it .but other peeps have posted but yet to tell what is goin on inside.either a broken lever or something.

i hate to open my case to find out cause money is hrad to come by for the repairs parts cause they cost so dang much.when i ride i keep track of what gear im in so i dont take a chance on hittin it in reverse.i keep count of shifts up and down.but heck i can pull the wheels startin in 3 rd gear so it donesnt matter if im in first or third to start.

any rate take a look back in the old posts youll find more info and such to look at if your brave to open your case.but have a manual handy for things will get hairy when take it apart to inspect for damage -corey-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts