Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what years/bike side covers will fit a 1986 kx 125? I am having a very hard time finding some. Will the 250's fit?

Thanks
Steve

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
Try Welcome to Kawasaki.com to see which part numbers match up.

I think 1986 and 1987 are the same, shape-wise, but may not have the same part numbers, as I think 1986 had a displacement size sticker on them and 1987 did not.

Maier made some replacement side panels for those years.

Dennis Kirk and UFO might have some side panels. I know they had radiator shrouds a year or so ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are talking the side covers as in number plates/side cover... only 1986 will fit. 1987 is different, then 1988 is totally different.
Believe me... I have been looking for a while since I had an original new 1986 that was purchased in late 1985 (I know... showing my age) and have been looking for one for a while now. I recently picked up a 1987 and allot of the mechanicals are the same as the '86 but side panels are different. I believe the seats, radiator cover, and tank as well as front fender and number plate are interchangeable with the '86. I believe the bloke above who said Dennis Kirk is correct that they have them. They are a solid color and you may need to paint, stick backings on to make look original but they should have them.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you are talking the side covers as in number plates/side cover... only 1986 will fit. 1987 is different, then 1988 is totally different.
Believe me... I have been looking for a while since I had an original new 1986 that was purchased in late 1985 (I know... showing my age) and have been looking for one for a while now. I recently picked up a 1987 and allot of the mechanicals are the same as the '86 but side panels are different. I believe the seats, radiator cover, and tank as well as front fender and number plate are interchangeable with the '86. I believe the bloke above who said Dennis Kirk is correct that they have them. They are a solid color and you may need to paint, stick backings on to make look original but they should have them.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
I have 1987 panels that mey fit
I was gonna list them on ebay
I will try them on my 86 kx 125
If they fit ok , make me an offer
I also have a 87 kx 125 airbox for sale
which may actually make the 87 left side panel work on a 1986

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
slight correction to my earlier post:

1986 IS not the same, shape-wise. The left side air box cover is actually part of the side panel.

Congratulations on you guys having a 1987 and 1986 KX125's. I bought a 1986 the other day, but it is missing way too many parts to try to restore it, I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts