Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the correct way to install the two barrel like water port controllers on this top end? there is a teethed rod that controls where and when the water enters the top end and where the water goes. on the one cover on the top end it says kips the rod connectes to the lower end near the water impeller. a diagram would help if anyone has one. the barrels are also diffrent im not sure which one goes where

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
That is not a water control device. It is a power valve. Search on the internet for Kawasaki OEM parts, and you should be able to find a parts fiche.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they are the power valves. i found a diagram on kawasaki.com but its just a parts diagram. i cant find anything elses that explains how to postiton theses p/v

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but should the rod be all the way to the left looking at the exhaust port or the right. and also one has 2 holes and the other one half of the barrel is open i dont know what one goes where and what ports they are closing and oopening. there are 2 ports on one side of the cylinder and 4 ports on the other side. this is a tough one

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Post this in the Motocross and Offroad thread, or PM FPMXer. His bike has the same powervalve design and he just got done rebuilding it, so he should be able to walk you through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts