Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i bought new spark plug wires and started her off. starts fine. i go to give it gas and it wants to cut out and die on me. if u have the choke about half way u can sometimes get it to rev. i put brand new PLUS gas (not supreme) and filled her up too. something with the floats maybe? needle in carb clogged? any idea would help greatly, thx in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, thx for the speedy response, i will go clean them tomorrow!!!
CROSS MY FINGERS!

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Be sure to blow some carb cleaner and/or compressed air through the passageways below the pilot jets to make sure they are clear also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kk thx, ill pick up some carb and choke cleaner and do the air after i use it just to make sure. also, should i buy something to add to my gas, just until my bike is running right, just to help?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Seafoam is the additive most people use here to clean carbs and keep them in top condition. I usually run it in mine 2 times per season. It will usually clean out any minor varnish buildup.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
You just add it to the gas. Directions are on the back of the can. I normally use 1.5 oz per gal of gas. Some Walmarts carry it as a normal stock item but others don't. I'm not sure why they do that but maybe it's a regional thing. If you can't get it at Walmart you should be able to get it at an autoparts store in your area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts