Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so ive had an issue thats bein buggin me. ive read alot on this site as well as others about issues of the similar sort....

PROBLEM: bike starts and idles fine, give it throttle up to 2500 and it instantly jumps to around 7000. bike was dumped about a month ago now, into the grass lawn.

ISSUE: while moping around my bike all frustrated, i noticed while my bike was running, on the right (passenger) side there were sparks arcking from the end of the spark plug wire to the motor. so i stopped the bike and unplugged the wires, come to find out they are all dry rotted and cracked.

QUESTION: could this be the problem? or is there any other explanation to why it is running like this? Also i noticed i need to get new air filters, could that be the problem? do i have to clean the carbs AGAIN?

NEW PARTS: i have replaced the spark plugs 2 months ago. new oil change, emptied gas tank out and filled with new gas, new clutch switch assembly (got broke during the crash), new kickstand button, also i have cleaned the carbs before this happened, shortly after (about 2 weeks) the problem started

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, I WOULD LOVE TO GET AT LEAST 1 MORE RIDE IN BEFORE SNOW FALLS!!! THX ALOT FOR ALL WHO LOOK AND RESPOND!!!

·
Need Time To Ride
3,246 Posts
Start by replacing the plug wires. Your spill disturbed something that was waiting to screw up anyway. The rpms is probably jumping because the cylinder with the bad wire is firing intermittently. Arcing wires are not good for the ignition and can make a bad day if there's any fuel fumes around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.