Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all; I'm new to the site and registered here because I am parting out an '86 ZX10 that had 27,974 miles on the clock. I ride a little more old school; my personal bike is a '79 1000 LTD. That being said the bike is pretty much complete and NOT WRECKED. The only things missing are the lower fairings, side covers, and seat. I have everything else including a pretty nice full Vance & Hines exhaust. I DO have the upper fairing in fairly good shape (a couple busted places, but nothing bad), tank (couple small dents; again nothing bad), and the rear tail plastic. All in factory paint. I have an engine I believe to be good (will be doing a compression check this weekend) that if good I will sell for $200. Will not ship though! Have to come get it. I'm located in Indianapolis, IN. If you need anything; want pictures; let me know!

Thanks!
David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lkwinn-
I did a cross reference of the stock exhaust system on Kawasaki's website for an '86 ZX-9R and an '86 1000R. I believe your GPz is the ZX-9R they have listed as the only 900 class bikes they have in their database for '86 are the ZX-9R and the 900 Eliminator (which obviously isn't the GPz). That being said the exhaust systems for the 900 & 1000 show up as the same part numbers. With that in mind I would say that the V&H 4-1 exhaust I have would fit, but I can't promise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much for the front side fairings and the windshield? shipped to 21046

Also some pics would be nice of the fairings.
$100 for the fairing/$20 for the windshield. I'd say $30 for shipping to Maryland. I'll try to get some pics up tonight, but I can't promise; I have to go pick up another bike after work this evening. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks I am definately gonna get the windshield, and maybe just the right side fairing for now. But post some pics and I will let ya know

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lkwinn-
I did a cross reference of the stock exhaust system on Kawasaki's website for an '86 ZX-9R and an '86 1000R. I believe your GPz is the ZX-9R they have listed as the only 900 class bikes they have in their database for '86 are the ZX-9R and the 900 Eliminator (which obviously isn't the GPz). That being said the exhaust systems for the 900 & 1000 show up as the same part numbers. With that in mind I would say that the V&H 4-1 exhaust I have would fit, but I can't promise.

I will look into it further. That being said, what can you let the exhaust go for? Are you closer to Maryland or Massachusetts? I can receive at either location.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would say MD is probably closer judging from a US map; I'll let the exhaust go for $150 plus shipping. If you're serious, I'll have to figure out the shipping on it. Keep in mind this is a true full exhaust not just a slip on.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fairing/Windshield Pics:

Damage Pics:

*Headlight assembly not included with fairing; for sale seperately.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say MD is probably closer judging from a US map; I'll let the exhaust go for $150 plus shipping. If you're serious, I'll have to figure out the shipping on it. Keep in mind this is a true full exhaust not just a slip on.

Thanks,
David
Here a pics of the V&H Exhaust:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can you post a pic of the right side fairing?
Sorry, I think I may have quoted what I have incorrectly; I don't have the lower fairing or the large side fairings (which is the right fairing I believe you are asking about). Only the upper fairing shown in the pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$20 for the part and somewhere between 10-15 for shipping. Let me get a quote for shipping tomorrow. Email me your full address so I can get an accurate quote.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i really need that V&H exhaust,if it will fit my 89 zx10 with the ebox frame i'll take it asap!!! how much w/shipping to 53142(kenosha WI)?i can be reached at 847.878.5915 anytime. thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts