Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I have a 1987 ninja 750r and i've been having a lot of porblems with it and i cant figure out some of them. I have a hard time starting it and it wont start after i run it for about 10 - 15 minutes I've read that this problem might be because of the battery but i just wanted another opinion on it before I get another battery. Also just recently i noticed that it was slowly leaking oil and it was running down the kick stand i havent had much time to inspect it but i think its comming from the engine. If anyone has had this problem or know if it common i'd greatly appreciate some or any feed back.

THanks alot by the way this i a great forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dont have a clue but welcome... There are alot of guys on here that can probably help you though. Also might want to move the post to the mechanic corner... I got really quick responses when I posted a problem there..Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '87 750R as well..

I know that with a dead battery the bike will still run.. I rode 400 miles without shutting the bike off, because the battery was dead. It turned out it was totally dry, A little water fixed it...

The oil on the kickstand I have as well.. It is coming from the chain.. I noticed that it is wet more after I oil the chain..

Are you using 90 sae oil or the chain wax stuff? If you are using the oil.. then that is most likely what it is..

I hope this helps..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts