Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch seems to be stuck.I can't come to a stop while its in gear or it stalls.This happened the same time as my reverse ignoring me. Common problem? Something simple like the clutch release lever or the clutch itself?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Usually when this happens it is from using automotive oil and gunking up the clutch plates. But, it can occur if the clutch release cam adjustment has worked loose too. Go to Kawasaki.com and print off a parts diagram for the clutch actuation assembly and check to see that you have not lost a nut on the case side of the actuator.

If you have gunked the plates the only real solution is to disassemble the entire clutch and clean all the plates. Then use the correct oil. If you are on a budget, and most of us are, buy Rotella synthetic for diesels from Walmart. You can get a 5 quart jug for about the cost of a single quart of good Kaw oil.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back to this issue again, I finally got a chance to fire the side cover off, and there is a few things.One of the e-clips is missing from the pins on the centrifugal clutch and the lock ring infront of the oil pump drive is also chomped.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sounds like someone monkeyed with stuff they had no business playing with or something let loose inside that cover. Either way, a service manual, the part diagram, and some patience should get you back up and going again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts