Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the bike starts and runs but all electrical lighting and electrical gauges do not work, except my turn signals?!?!?! I replaced the battery 2 weeks ago and have checked all fuses and any wiring harnesses.

I'm thinking maybe the junction box, I checked what I could of it. The 9 pin connector is giving me proper ohm readings ( open reading one way and high ohm reading checking pins the other way but only for a second then it reads open again), however, I am getting absolutely no readings on my VOM on the 8pin connector. What else could I check.... any ideas?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah I forgot... After looking at the schematic I think the problem is either the junction box or the "reserve lihgting device." What/where is the reserve lighting device?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've located the reserve lighting device, directly under the battery. Can anyone explain what this component does or how to check it?.............
..........anyone?.........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D its fixed! now I can get back to riding.

Just for the curious, my mechanic adjusted the valves and must have unhooked one single wire. I finally had I chance to trace it down this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts