Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here have this model with a single Vance and Hines Canister?
am about to purchase one to replace my loud and rather open
F1R Cobras

and am wondering whether I can do it without a stage-1 jet kit...

as I am going from 4:2 reasonably open baffled Cobras
to a 4:1 quieter single can....

won't the bike tend to run a bit less lean than before?
which is what I want...

Ca

feel free to email me directly...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I jsut went through their catalog and did not mention, however there is a footnote as to which jet kits go with it. Stage 1 and 3. With a Stage 1 kit you will typically get a stronger mid range and lower end response then stock = better drivability for day to day.

I would suggest checking other pipes as the V&H pipes are heavier and you can lose some weight with other pipes.

Also depends on what you want to spend. Some real nice Carbon Fiber, Titanium and aluminum systems out there.

You can contact V&H direct 562-926-5291 for tech support or send them an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
CAHazard said:
anybody here have this model with a single Vance and Hines Canister?
am about to purchase one to replace my loud and rather open
F1R Cobras

and am wondering whether I can do it without a stage-1 jet kit...

as I am going from 4:2 reasonably open baffled Cobras
to a 4:1 quieter single can....

won't the bike tend to run a bit less lean than before?
which is what I want...

Ca

feel free to email me directly...
Actually, by replacing the Cobra's (which are just slip-ons) you'll end up getting greater exhaust flow, which means the engine will be *pushing* more spent gases out the pipe. As a result, it will try to pull in more air to balance out the situation.

Essentially, you'll be leaning out the engine the hard way, and risking a severe overheating situation which could lead to some expensive repairs.

You will *have* to rejet the carburetors to balance out the air/fuel charge going into the cylinders, or burn your engine down, starting with the pistons and rings.

Rejetting isn't hard. :) Dynojet offers a kit for it, I gurantee it, and V&H have a pipe, as do several other manufacturers :):)

With the jet kits, you get good instructions so that even a novice mechanic can do the work and get it dead right.

Go for it..and have fun!! :D:D

Spoone (buy tools, not labor)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts