Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an '88 250 twin with duel CVK carbs. There is a vacum line T-fitting between the two carbs. that has an O-ring on the opposing ends and a barbed line fitting on the T. Problem is the manual says the line that attaches to the T comes from the liquid/vapor seperator. This line only has a 1/8 ID hole and the barb is made to accept a 5/16 line. What gives?!?!?! Am i missing a part??. The shop manuals mention nothing about this T fitting. If this is simply plugged off will it affect the running of the bike? I don't get it!!!! ANY help is appreciated.

Rich

·
Registered
269 Posts
sounds like the fuel inlet. Is toward the airbox side or motor side?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's not the fuel inlet. This T-fitting is between the carbs. This bike is running, just not real good. Right now, this T-fitting has nothing connected to it...it's an open wound into the carbs. Don't know how to plug it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is a VERY old thread but since I stumbled across it so will others I assume. To throw my two cents in... it sounds like this is a California bike and the "T" fitting between the carbs is for emission control on the CA bikes. I have run across this fitting before but only on CA bikes. Where it goes however... Sorry, no idea what it connects to specifically as I've only had the carbs in my possession and not the rest of the emissions hardware. Shop manual or some photos of carbs on CA bikes might help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts