Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I've got a complete rolling 125 minus handle bars and alot of the motor. When I first found it I thought I might of found something special seeing as it was as old as it was and complete (almost) until I found out alot of people have them. With that being said, are used motor parts easily found for this year bike or can I use other year motors in this frame without much modification? I'd kind of like to get it together and running but don't want to sink a butt load of cash in it either. Also is it possible to put newer model inverted forks on it? Thanks and yes I searched but after 2 weeks of it I give up.

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,976 Posts
Can you put a number on "butt load of cash". The 1989 engine MIGHT fit. Other years may or may not, but I thihnk would require a lot of modification, especially 1990 and newer due to a frame design change.

Yes, you could put inverted forks on it.

It is not rare, and it is 22 years old. If you are just wanting a bike to ride around, you may want to buy one already in running condition. There are many other areas of maintenance besides the engine that COULD possibly cause your wallet some grief.

forks
shock
bearings
brakes
chain / sprockets

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well from just sitting on it the suspension seems to be alright, The rotors are rusted over but nothing serious. My biggest concern is all the missing engine parts, All the big stuff is there but there's alot of small parts like cogs, the flywheel and a number of things missing.I was hopeing on either finding another 88' motor to rob parts from or swap a newer model engine in it. My idea of a butt load of money is no more then say 600 in getting it rideable with used parts and me doing the work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well from just sitting on it the suspension seems to be alright, The rotors are rusted over but nothing serious. My biggest concern is all the missing engine parts, All the big stuff is there but there's alot of small parts like cogs, the flywheel and a number of things missing.I was hopeing on either finding another 88' motor to rob parts from or swap a newer model engine in it. My idea of a butt load of money is no more then say 600 in getting it rideable with used parts and me doing the work.
i have a 88 kx 125 i am parting out i have 3/4 of the bike left what do u need for parts email me [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.