Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone out there can help me out...
I need a shifter drum part number 13141-1167 or 13239-5005
Apparently they are no longer available....but I just have to believe there is one collecting dust in a parts bin somewhere.
So....if you are in a Kawasaki parts department ....PLEASE take a minute and check your old stock.
My old Mule looks pretty sad with the tranny out and split....lacking only ONE part !!
Seems a terrible shame.
Anyway, if you have one...or know someone who might.....PLEASE reply. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hopefully someone out there can help me out...
I need a shifter drum part number 13141-1167 or 13239-5005
Apparently they are no longer available....but I just have to believe there is one collecting dust in a parts bin somewhere.
So....if you are in a Kawasaki parts department ....PLEASE take a minute and check your old stock.
My old Mule looks pretty sad with the tranny out and split....lacking only ONE part !!
Seems a terrible shame.
Anyway, if you have one...or know someone who might.....PLEASE reply. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks.

I'll check next week....I've got a slew of old parts sitting on the shelf taking up space, and they need a new home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check next week....I've got a slew of old parts sitting on the shelf taking up space, and they need a new home.
That would be Great! Will keep fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath....guess these got all used up over the years cause I have not been able to locate one. I really appreciate it. Just let me know. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep.....been getting the Not Available message from Kawasaki. Was hoping that someone would have one in a bin of old parts. At this point, even a good used one would be welcome. Thanks for checking. Maybe one will turn up.......sigh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shifting gears...pardon the pun, and posting to see if anyone out there might have an old Mule 1000 in their junk pile that might have a good transmission. Really only need a good shifter drum ( part 13141-1167) but since it seems unlikely a NOS part will turn up, good used part will have to do. Costly to ship whole tranny, but really not difficult to disassemble. If you have or know of a junked Mule 1000 with bad engine but good transmission.....PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured I'd shake the bushes one more time......maybe someone will spot this note and just happen to have a line on this part.
Two Kawasaki part numbers will work! 13141-1167 or 13239-5005 ((the assembly) .
Yes, I am aware my old Mule 1000 is a dinosaur.....but it would work just fine if I could find this part.
And because of this 'dinosaur factor' it also doesn't make sense to invest a huge sum in rebuilding or replacing the transmission.
Too much else can break down and have no parts available.
So.....if by some chance anyone does have a new or used part that would work, I must be able to purchase it for a reasonable figure!
Stranger things have happened....just give a shout if you can help! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE!
Had absolutely no luck finding a replacement drum .....well, not counting the part made of gold on fleabay :sad:

Decided to attempt to repair the one I had...knowing that properly welding cast iron was extremely difficult, not to mention the fancy machining that would be required.

Did some homework. There are some tricks I came up with.

Long story short, I was successful !!!!

The Beast now has been reassembled and moves forward and reverse....shifting beautifully. So....if anyone else is in the same predicament (damaged shifter drum) contact me and I might be able to repair it.

Many thanks to those that tried to help with the drum issue. Nice to know there are folks that are very knowledgeable and still care about the "moldy-oldie" Mule 1000.

As an aside.... Beast starts and idles beautifully, but stumbles on acceleration. I'll have to start a new thread to give more specifics and hopefully get some helpful input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That would be Great! Will keep fingers crossed, but won't hold my breath....guess these got all used up over the years cause I have not been able to locate one. I really appreciate it. Just let me know. THANKS!!!
I got several for sale along with much more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts