Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im new to this site and I have a problem. I bought an 88 ninja 600r and it was working until yesterday when I changed the spark plugs. After I changed the spark plugs I tried to start it and it turned over but never started. Today I checked the plugs for spark (ouch), and I checked all my fuel lines. Also, now when i go to start it all i hear is clicking and the tachometer needle jumps. Does that mean i drained the battery from cranking it? What else should I check?

·
Registered
54 Posts
check the plug wire and make sure you didnt break it. it could be the wire is now bad or not connected and the spark isnt reaching the plug or the spark is jumping before it hits the plug. just a couple things for you to check. hopefully thats all it is. also recheck the gap of the plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the wires and tightened them and it looks like theres nothing wrong. But when i looked at the inside of one there wasnt much copper wire in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also, I kinda spilled some coolant around the plugs cuz i took em off while trying to replace my plugs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts