Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did any one work out what the problem is yet.
I have KLF300A and B.
both have the same problem. The A model started having the problem first while the B was fine. I swapped the CDI between these two bikes. Had the A going for a couple of hours, now back to the same problem. I have changed every part of the ignition, cleaned the carby a hundred times, even tried a new carby, reconditioned the engine.
Timing chain to specs.
I also have a C model and fitted their CDI, but didn't fix the problem.
Idles fine but back fires when I rev it above idle.
If anyone had ever fixed that problem please let me know how.

Cheers David
It's the pick up coil. 12.00 dollar free shipping part on ebay. Trust me its the pick up coil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have the solution to the problem everyone and their brother has with the kawasaki bayou coughing and popping above idle .Like everyone else replaced everything twice. Did everything untill the last component. And my bike runs like brand new. It was the pick up coil. A 12.00 dollar free shipping part on eBay. Put it on and instantly fixed. I think reading everyone else and the problem they describe the pick up coil is the answer. If you have a problem getting the crank bolt holding the pull start cup off and don't want to turn the bike on its side and wait two weeks while you gentley beat the crap out of it trying to get it loose like i did, if you invest 30.00 bucks on a set of bolt removal sockets you will be making a good investment .The sockets get tighter as you apply more force. They work even on bolts that have the head rounded off like i also did. Good luck but it will work. Pick up coil trust me. I should add I had checked the pick up coil while it was on the bike as shown in the manual and it checked good . I had the the plug and the wire in my hand when a friend tried to start it .haha funny huh? But you know it had shown good spark just a moment before but when I got shocked there was really nothing there. I mean it didn't hurt or zap me a good one. Startled me but i never felt such a week spark from any other motor I had ever been shocked by. I dont know much about the pick up coil and it's relationship to the coil but never the less the pick up coil fixed the problem everyone is having.
Hi, when you say pick up coil do you mean ignition coil? Do you know a part number I can look up to make sure. thank your post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have the solution to the problem everyone and their brother has with the kawasaki bayou coughing and popping above idle .Like everyone else replaced everything twice. Did everything untill the last component. And my bike runs like brand new. It was the pick up coil. A 12.00 dollar free shipping part on eBay. Put it on and instantly fixed. I think reading everyone else and the problem they describe the pick up coil is the answer. If you have a problem getting the crank bolt holding the pull start cup off and don't want to turn the bike on its side and wait two weeks while you gentley beat the crap out of it trying to get it loose like i did, if you invest 30.00 bucks on a set of bolt removal sockets you will be making a good investment .The sockets get tighter as you apply more force. They work even on bolts that have the head rounded off like i also did. Good luck but it will work. Pick up coil trust me. I should add I had checked the pick up coil while it was on the bike as shown in the manual and it checked good . I had the the plug and the wire in my hand when a friend tried to start it .haha funny huh? But you know it had shown good spark just a moment before but when I got shocked there was really nothing there. I mean it didn't hurt or zap me a good one. Startled me but i never felt such a week spark from any other motor I had ever been shocked by. I dont know much about the pick up coil and it's relationship to the coil but never the less the pick up coil fixed the problem everyone is having.
Hi me again, is it the pulsing coil and the Kawasaki parts drawings? Part # 59026-1092 ? Thank you

21 - 23 of 23 Posts