Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im on the process of building my zx10 to be a street fighter and im wanting to switch to a higher gear ratio but I've checked sites like Revzilla and cannot find any sprockets for the bike. I've checked eBay but I would really prefer not to ride with China sprockets. Any ideas on where to find something reputable?

·
Super Moderator
1,906 Posts
Good luck. I think most sprockets are made in China. Your best bet is to buy a known brand like Sunstar, JT or Renthal from a known dealer. If you order directly from an unknown supplier on the internet you could be getting a fake.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
At the JT Sprockets catalogue page enter ZX10. then choose the ZX10 Tomcat 530 conversion. There are 2 Fr sprockets listed & 7-8 Rr sprockets. If you click the sprocket part numbers, you can see what other models use the same sprockets. Z1Enterprises.com may have the JT Sprockets. For OEM or others try EB.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the help, ended up finding some Sunstar sprockets. Stayed with factory ratio in the front and +5 in the back. Next up I have to find some rotors..which is going to be a difficult journey apparently.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
From the 2019 EBC motorcycle brakes catalogue. Rotors:
Front = MD4021. Alternate number found on EB = MD4021RS (R = RH rotor)(S = flat solid).
Rear = MD4015. MD4015C. or VR4015.

I saw one NOS MD4021RS currently discounted to $113 w MO button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, I'll check out those numbers and I found one of those vr4015 rotors on Ebay but it says it's for 90-93 zx11c's would it still work?

From the 2019 EBC motorcycle brakes catalogue. Rotors:
Front = MD4021. Alternate number found on EB = MD4021RS (R = RH rotor)(S = flat solid).
Rear = MD4015. MD4015C. or VR4015.

I saw one NOS MD4021RS currently discounted to $113 w MO button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts