Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I'm building a bike for my brother, bought it as a basket case. I've gotten about halfway there, and now all this trouble wit the carbs. I've cleaned and rebuilt them twice now, but they still are a problem. I have a funnel on the fuel line, and the airbox out right now, the vac hose open, and I can get it started with quickstart, with full throtttle response, but I can barely keep it running with the throttle full open after the eather burns off, almost an idle, I spilled a bit of fuel in the back carb intakes, and it again had complete response, until it ran out. it is burning some gas, but it seems like it's not getting enough. Does anyone have ant ideas? thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
You told yourself your problem. Put the air box back in, cap off the vacuum line(s), and use the choke to start.

Very few people can get stock carbs to run even a little bit with out these things intact.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so I cleaned the carbs one last time, just to be sure that I won't have to struggle w/that friggen airbox. this time, I found that even though the pilot jets had passage, they were clogged, the only thing that I could find small enough to fit througgh them, besides carb. cleaner and conpressed air, was a tattoo needle. It really opened them up, andcleaned them out. I put them back on, and tried itone last time, before that grown-up proof airbox, and it ran great!! I tried plugging the vac hose, and that was a huge difference. now on to some other problems, but the motor ran,, and soundedgreat, it got my brother quite a bit more interested, to him, this bike probably looked like open heart surgery, but the parts went back in wrong.
I Wanted to thank you I was ready to start buying parts, because it could'nt be me,:) anway, thanks again R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts