Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi jsut a quick question here ( just trying to find ou why i cant get my bike to idel any lower then 2000rpm with out it stalling out and or sounding really rough) but i noticed on the right carb ( if sitting on the seat) has a plug on the top of it where the other one connects to the gas tank.. is it supposed to be like that??? secondly would an improper spark plug gap cause the bike from being able to idel lower??? like i no some what about carbs form working on cars.. so i no to look for vacuum leaks and what not but it doenst look like there are any other hoses that come from the carb besides the ones to the tank....

any help would be great.

Dan

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
71_307 said:
1. just trying to find ou why i cant get my bike to idel any lower then 2000rpm with out it stalling out and or sounding really rough

2. i noticed on the right carb ( if sitting on the seat) has a plug on the top of it where the other one connects to the gas tank.. is it supposed to be like that???

3. secondly would an improper spark plug gap cause the bike from being able to idel lower???

4. like i know some what about carbs form working on cars.. so i know to look for vacuum leaks and what not but it doenst look like there are any other hoses that come from the carb besides the ones to the tank....
1. so youve tried idling the bike down with the idle screw ? sounds like you have a vacumn leak some where. make sure all the rubber lines are not cracked/split no holes etc.

2. look at my first link and youll see this is correct. the other carb is for the vacumn petcock.

3. i dont think the spark plug would do this unless they are fouling out. pull them and make sure they are clean.

4. check out the microfiche below and make sure all the parts are there and you have no open holes causeing a vacumn leak. you can also have a leak at the carb boots, pilot screws (on bottom of carbs unless they are still capped, but they could still be leaking air) take some carb cleaner and spray around all the rubber joints, screws etc. if the idle goes up then you have a leak.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0161/carburetor/carburetor.cfm

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/400_0161/carburetor_parts/carburetor_parts.cfm

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts