Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all the intakes on the market which one is best for rain. Not that I paln on riding in the rain but if I'm on the road and it starts raining I don't want to worry about the filter getting wet and possibly working it's way to the engine. I kind of got my eye on the BAK, Aleness big suck, or Thunder MFG tornado.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I've ridden in some pretty heavy, extended rain with the BAK and never had a problem BUT I believe this is standard with most of the units. I do have the rain guard on my bike all the time. You can do about the same thing by cutting pantyhose and whipping it around whichever intake.

Buy the one that trips your trigger and leave worrying to other guys.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
For looks in my opinion the BAK over anything outhere. My second favorite is the hyper charger but don't like the way it looks on the 900. Rain wise the biger the filter is and the more sticks out then the more issues you may have in the rain.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I have had the BAK which came with a rain guard that I leave on all the time. It helps to keep bugs out of it also. I have been in some heavy storms and never an issue with water causing running issues.

·
Premium Member
4,767 Posts
I have the hypercharger and I'm a daily rider in the rain state "Florida".... dont worry about rain at all. I've been in monsoon hurricane rain before and it's fine. There is a slit at the bottom that lets the water out.

And whoever says the Hypercharger is ugly on the 900 is crazy... it looks sexy as hell.

·
Still having fun!
469 Posts
I have the BAK & recently spoke to the owner of the company who advised me to put on the rain guard all the time. I have also gone through some heavy rain with no problems. And as Mr. Clean says, looks are what you make them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.