Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help and opinons please:

I am in the looking for passenger floorboards but not sure what to get. The only two I have seen pics of are the Kawi and Cobra. I want something that looks good when folded up also. Where is the best place to buy?

Why are these things so dam expensive ??

Thanks for any and all imput
Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the Kawasaki ones so they match the drivers floorboards. Passenger floorboards are ugly, IMHO, but they work better for my passengers.

Pics folded up below:

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks plutnicki. I had not seen the Kawi's folded up. I am looking for a set that are chromed or polished on the underside so they look good when not in use.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
The kaw boards have a nice chrome finish and really shine when clean. I agree. Why do they need to be so expensive. But its nice not having melted boot on my pipes any more.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.

So far, I like the Cobra Swept Boards the best. I have been watching eBay for a week or two but havn't seen any deals.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kawasaki boards for me too so they matched. I looked for a long time to get them at the right price but should have just bought them in the first place. Dunno why they're so expensive though.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Kawasaki boards for me too so they matched. I looked for a long time to get them at the right price but should have just bought them in the first place. Dunno why they're so expensive though.
well we all know anything for a bikes gonna cost ya a arm and a leg....the **** things are cnc machined out of aluminum...probably only takes abut 5 mins to knock out a set....polish and chrome...glue the rubber on em...hell id bet they have less then a hr labor on em all tolled........

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well we all know anything for a bikes gonna cost ya a arm and a leg....the **** things are cnc machined out of aluminum...probably only takes abut 5 mins to knock out a set....polish and chrome...glue the rubber on em...hell id bet they have less then a hr labor on em all tolled........
So what are you saying Steve, $100 bill and you can knock out a set during your lunch break on Monday??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Passenger Floor Boards

I have the Kawasaki boards, but they don't look like the ones in plutniki's picture. Mine are shinny and have the Vulcan logo on them. Here is a picture, but I don't know if you can see them clearly enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the pics guys. That was exactly what I was hoping to get.

I was sold on the Cobra Swepts until I saw those Kawi boards with the logo. Do you know what the part number was?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I bought the bike second hand and the previous owner had purchased them from the dealer. I have the receipt which has part number K46000-415 at a price ( in 2007) of $330 installed. I don't know how much of the price was the installation costs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts