Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Late starter...
797 Posts
That looks good. How tall are you and does the wind hit you at all? I'm 6'2" so i was thinking I might need the 19".
I'm 5' 9'' normal torso and look over the shield at least 2+"..
I get some "air"on my forehead which I like... If cold is an issue I use a faceshield....
Do what the experts say and measure from the top of the headlight to level with the bridge of your nose as a starting point.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Saddleman Explorer...

Not to hijack this thread, but what kind of seat is that? It looks mighty comfortable.

Also, how is the seating position changed compared to the stock seat?
for $300 and it is much better than the stock seat. I don't remember if it felt any higher but it didn't seem to put me any closer to the tank, maybe a little further back if anything. The seat took some time to break in and I find it comfortable for hours vs. 30 minutes with the stock. For all day rides I use the AirHawk cushion and am happy with this setup but that combined price puts me in the Mustang price range. I'm happy with my seat choice at the end of the day for comfort and styling on my bike.

·
soft drinks & stiff women
694 Posts
for $300 and it is much better than the stock seat. I don't remember if it felt any higher but it didn't seem to put me any closer to the tank, maybe a little further back if anything. The seat took some time to break in and I find it comfortable for hours vs. 30 minutes with the stock. For all day rides I use the AirHawk cushion and am happy with this setup but that combined price puts me in the Mustang price range. I'm happy with my seat choice at the end of the day for comfort and styling on my bike.
Still didn't answer his question...

...but what kind of seat is that?
The logo on the side looks to be Saddlemen.

Saddlemen Motorcycle Seats, Luggage and Accessories

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Memphis Shades Windscreens for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Motorcycles

Check that link...likely the best prices you'll get. I used them to negotiate at a local shop and left same day with a 21" for my wife's 900 with quick-detach...less than $250 after taxes. The quick detach is VERY nice to have and the shield works great when she uses it.
I tried to open your link to motorcycle pro shop. And seems as if the site is closed down. Then I just did a search for the company and spelled it out vs address bar. And boy oh boy there are several people upset with that company. I assume they are out of business. The price was right for the windshield though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.