Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been a while since I soaked some real cheese iin to my 900 but I just put the Arlen Ness Big Sucker in and I think it makes a hell of a nice piece on this bike. I have not even started it yet with it in action and will be able to run it MOnday. It looks really nice though and I'll get a pic up soon. I got the Black cover for it as I'm not trying to get to chromed out.

Pretty quick install. About 1 hour total.

Lots of parts are reuses from OEM air box.

I'll get pics soon.

BDV

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Ill bet it looks kinda like this...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post pic's tomorrow. Got it running real well and had to adjust the idle knob a bunch to get it to a nice speed that's not too low. It feels good, looks great and seems to be helping with some punch when I throttle it.

We'll see more when I get it out when this stupid rain stops here..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a recent pic with the new filter I put on the other night. Looks good and feels better!

·
Registered
29 Posts
will that be a problem if you get caught in the rain?
i've been considering one of those just for the hp increase. does it feel a substantially different?

thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will that be a problem if you get caught in the rain?
i've been considering one of those just for the hp increase. does it feel a substantially different?

thanks
Nah! I try not to ride but the system is set up to vacumm up any dampness (oil, water) as long as it's not a crazy amount. The heat in there should take care of any residual dampness also the filter is coated in a water proofing oil.

BDV

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I had a chance to ride a bunch this past holiday weekend.

My immidiate determination is that the bike felt looser at the top gears. I didn't have the urge to keep looking for a 6th gear. I also noticed a little more pop on the throttle at times. Felt like it was really running well with all the cool air it was getting.

I checked all my hoses and gaskets after riding for a while and it all seemed to be running well. I did however smell a little gas after running it pretty well.

Is this normal"?

I have HK Chrome pipes and the Big Sucker so I'm guessing I might need the PCIII power commander for the FI mapping. i am trying rto avoid that but If I need it I'll put it in. Anyone have a veiw point for this?

BDV

·
You hate me, & I hate you
615 Posts
Well I had a chance to ride a bunch this past holiday weekend.

My immidiate determination is that the bike felt looser at the top gears. I didn't have the urge to keep looking for a 6th gear. I also noticed a little more pop on the throttle at times. Felt like it was really running well with all the cool air it was getting.

I checked all my hoses and gaskets after riding for a while and it all seemed to be running well. I did however smell a little gas after running it pretty well.

Is this normal"?

I have HK Chrome pipes and the Big Sucker so I'm guessing I might need the PCIII power commander for the FI mapping. i am trying rto avoid that but If I need it I'll put it in. Anyone have a veiw point for this?

BDV
Ya, you need to put a fuel control of some sort on for sure and quick. The bike cannot auto adjust for all that air your giving it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to get in the garage and put this sucker in finally. The GMAn Bully seems to be doing a nice job so far. It definitely changed the sound of the pipes. I'm not sure but I think I liked the way the sounded before but it's got a different tone now that is still great. I guess I'll get used to it.

My overall opinion of the actual stage 3 set up is that I know this bike is running better. I can feel the pop on the throttle. It's not some majestic change but it is definitely a little more aggressive. I actually hit the throttle in 3rd and I felt the fron wheel pop up a little. I was running it hard btu I never felt that before.

I have noticed a decline in popping when deaccelrating and I can hear it working better from the air box.

Fun mods!

BDV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts