Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 900 custom and I noticed about a week ago that my right side(sitting on the bike) blinker flashes about twice as fast as my left. It does it in the actual lights and the indicator light....almost like when you have a light out on your car. The bike is still under warranty but I don't want to put it in the shop for like a week if it is something I can fix here at the house in about 20 mins. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Maybe a bulb problem, Try changing both on that one side.

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I had this EXACT problem yesterday. I assumed the rear turn signal had burned out, but couldn't tell while I was on the bike. Checked when I got home and it wasn't working. Pulled the rear bulb and it looked good. Put it back in and it works fine now. I kinda wish it was burned out because now I suspect some sort of electrical gremlin :(

·
Registered
533 Posts
might I suggest some bulb grease... cheap and it sure has helped me

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I was not aware there was such a thing as "bulb grease"....where would I get such a thing?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
It keeps the contacts contacting. I have the same problem with my left rear turn signal. Light was flashing fast, walked back, tapped the assembly a couple times and the light came on and flashed normally. Contact problem? Bulb grease.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i took the bulbs out and made sure that they were ok....then i put them back in and made sure they were all the way in. and after i made sure they put in correctly and the problem is gone. i am thinking that the one of the bulbs was not all the way in. thanks though

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same problem with my right rear. I took it out and put it back in and 1700 miles later its still working fine.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
+1 on the dieletric compound,moisture some times causes corrosion between the bulb and socket from it sweating due to the humidity.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a 900 custom and I noticed about a week ago that my right side(sitting on the bike) blinker flashes about twice as fast as my left. It does it in the actual lights and the indicator light....almost like when you have a light out on your car. The bike is still under warranty but I don't want to put it in the shop for like a week if it is something I can fix here at the house in about 20 mins. Thanks for your help in advance.
Mine did the same thing last week- the right side was blinking twice as fast as the right. I looked and the front was dimly blinking but the running lights were fine. So I opened up the front one and took the bulb out- it looked find and then it took me forever to get it back in. Tried it and it works fine. Maybe it wasn't seated properly.............

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
(+100) If the vehicle manufacturers would squirt a bit of this on every electrical connector, plug, socket, etc. we would have FAR less electrical issues later on down the road (literally). :biggrin:
Autozone, Pep Boys,Napa it's also called dielectric grease.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts