Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to Kuryakyn Hypercharger & Cobra Fi2000r want to add exhaust that will have deeper sound than stock but not too loud. Best I've listened to are HK Res-techs & Vance & Hines Slashcut Staggereds. Any feedback or suggestions for other exhaust would be appreciated. Concerned with HK over some threads I've read re cracking problems with their 3" big straight.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
I'd tried really hard to find out what they will sound like. I know some people will buy pipes and intake for performance gains but I think it's important to make sure it's a sound you can tolerate for long stretches.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
I sold my 900 but I did have the Cobra 2-1s with the Thunder Mfg Tornado. I bought mine simply for looks to be honest. I currently have V&H Double Barrel Q series with the Screamin Eagle heavy breather on a Street Bob and again I got it simply for looks and I didn't want anything too loud. I'll post a pic of my 900 set up a few.

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
Here's a pic of the set up I had on the 900. I thought they sounded pretty good. They aren't as deep as the V&H but they were pretty deep. Definitely louder than stock but I didn't think they were annoying.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Travis

Looks very nice with the Cobra 2n1's & intake, did you also have a controller?
Notice much power gain?

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
I had a PC III. I think I noticed a power gain but to be honest, I wasn't looking for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts