Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I finally got my Patrol bags from Tsukayu (ordered 3/25, received 5/10) and coincidentally my OEM sissy bar showed up as well so I spent all of yesterday's afternoon and evening installing those bad boys. :mrgreen:

Here's a crappy cellphone pic I took this morning as I left her in the parking lot at work. Better pics should be coming this weekend, once I give her a good cleaning!

Attachments

·
Old Skool
63 Posts
Nice look. I like the bags. Will you install the engine guards to fill out the front lower portion of the bike? Maybe some floor boards too for that nice laidback relaxed look. Hows the wind protection?

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
Looks good! I would like to get something like that for mine with quick release's so I can use it to and from work which is 45 minutes of highway.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Whose fairing is that, looks like it's a bit off on the headlight.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
WOW seem everyone is jumping on the fairng band wagon. lol JK I just installed mine a couple weeks ago and have been ironing out fit issues and radio problems. Mine is a Reckless Motorcycles fairing. They are located in TN

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'm with you on that. When I started to look at bags for me none of the hard bags looked like I could get what I wanted in them. I guess I still remember my old Custom Dresser bags or the Vetter bags and the like. It seems the majority of the bags we had on our bikes in the 80's were more user friendly. I think if I had the know how I would take the patrol bags and cut them down the center and add like 3 or 4" to the width. lol I went with the River Road XL Slants. I do like the looks of the hard bags but I just couldnt find any big enough.

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
I also love the fairing, that's a hot look I'm not gonna let my wife see. The square H like bags do nothing for me. IMO the lines on the 9 are too purdy to square off, but we all have our own eye.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, thanks for the compliments guys! :)

Nice look. I like the bags. Will you install the engine guards to fill out the front lower portion of the bike? Maybe some floor boards too for that nice laidback relaxed look. Hows the wind protection?
Yeah, I'm gonna go with the OEM guard in black (like the sissy bar). Negative on the floorboards. I'm tall (6'1") so I NEED the forward controls.

The wind protection is good, but not that great, at least for someone like me. It's good enough where I can get away with riding with just sunglasses and not get teary-eyed. I could get a taller windshield (I currently have the 5" one) but I love the way this short one looks. I guess if I were like 5'7"-5'9", this one would be perfect.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good! I would like to get something like that for mine with quick release's so I can use it to and from work which is 45 minutes of highway.
I thought about this as well. Tsukayu offers their Strong bags for a quick-release bracket Tsukayu Quick Detachable Hard Saddlebags for Harley Davidson, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Victory but I didn't like that particular model for my Custom. The Patrol bags don't have a flat back but I wonder if there'd be "enough" flat back surface to install a quick-release bracket...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, the bags are not that big but I basically wanted them to store stuff for work (when I take this one -- I usually commute with my other bike now). I also wanted them to store basic gear for prospective passengers...

"Hey, nice bike! Can I have a ride?"

;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whose fairing is that, looks like it's a bit off on the headlight.
It's the Memphis shades batwing for metrics Application Guide - Metric Batwing Fairing The Custom has a smaller headlight than the Classic, that's why it looks a little off. I personally don't mind but, I guess if it were to bother people, one could just install a bigger headlight.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Very nice. The bags and Batwing look very nice together. I just bought the Memphis Shades Batwing for my 900LT as well as some nice lowers. Have you noticed a difference ( better or worse ) in wind to your face?

·
Year Round Rider
203 Posts
Cool, thanks for the compliments guys! :)

Yeah, I'm gonna go with the OEM guard in black (like the sissy bar). Negative on the floorboards. I'm tall (6'1") so I NEED the forward controls.

The wind protection is good, but not that great, at least for someone like me. It's good enough where I can get away with riding with just sunglasses and not get teary-eyed. I could get a taller windshield (I currently have the 5" one) but I love the way this short one looks. I guess if I were like 5'7"-5'9", this one would be perfect.
Nice, I love the look! the headlight doesn't look bad, I have a classic w/ foot boards, they are comfortable, I'm 6' (6' 9" after a few beers) they mount in the same place as your forward controls.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice. The bags and Batwing look very nice together. I just bought the Memphis Shades Batwing for my 900LT as well as some nice lowers. Have you noticed a difference ( better or worse ) in wind to your face?
I still get air to the face but it seems "softer" (if I had to name it something). I can ride with just sunglasses and my eyes don't get as dry...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice, I love the look! the headlight doesn't look bad, I have a classic w/ foot boards, they are comfortable, I'm 6' (6' 9" after a few beers) they mount in the same place as your forward controls.
Haha!

Nah, I need my forward controls. I've sat on bikes with floorboards and they just feel weird. I guess if I had to get used to them I would but, if I have a choice between pegs and boards, it will always be pegs! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I still get air to the face but it seems "softer" (if I had to name it something). I can ride with just sunglasses and my eyes don't get as dry...
Yep, I know exactly what you mean. I have the 7in windshield and I just installed lowers on the forks. I still get a flutter around my face but nowhere near as bad as before the lowers. I have a set of deflectors waiting for me to to pick them up ( they mount at the bottom of the batwing ) I'm hoping that will make it even better. One thing I do notice is that I have very little wind blowing around my body area. I wear a denim vest with the jacket and unless I had it buttoned up it was always blowing around. Now, it pretty well just sits normally. I have to agree with you on the windshield thing as well. I like the look of the 7 but wouldn't want to go any higher unless it the wind really started to bother me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts