Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wind is good
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it's hot and normally when I pull up to a stop, I can
hear the fan kick in, and it whines fairly loudly.

Does everyone else have this issue as well?

·
Hoof Hearted?
717 Posts
No issue...just the fan doing its thing. And that nice hot air feels great at a stoplight when it's 90+...NOT! Wish I could save that up for the wintertime...

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
You could try squirting a little penetrating lube where the shaft comes out of the motor. If it quiets down then the bearing is worn and it may need to be replaced.

Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Put a set of cobras or something on. Then you wont even notice it. LOL Yea pretty common. Your discriprion of loud VS someone elses though. I can hear mine but I dont think its all that loud or whiney. Besides its better than spark knock eh?

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
easy solution. take the fan off. been runnin my 800 without the fan for several years now. no worries. and it looks alot cleaner down there with out the fan.

·
900 Classic
190 Posts
It's when you don't hear it that you need to worry and watch for the idiot light on the dash.

·
Beach invasions by appt.
95 Posts
Easy solution...never stop, just keep riding man!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Living in AZ I dont think I would take the fan off. I know living here in FL I sure wouldnt.

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
i live in louisiana. its hot here too. i ride just about everyday year round. shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Now that I've baffled my Cobra's I hear the fan more often but its very quiet and you really have to strain to hear it run ( even at an idle )

·
Reborn Biker
89 Posts
I can hear mine also, even with debaffled oem pipes. But, it's not loud at all. Kind of a whirrrrring. In fact, when it first kicked in this spring, Kinda freaked because I hadn't heard it before. My ears are getting tuned to the different sounds the bike makes. Now, I look forward to hearing it since it has gotten hotter out. I think I would be more concerned if I didn't here it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts