Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What can I spend my $$ on
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading on the Dephi forum about fender clearance when mounted on a crash bar. I posted this over there and thought I would here also. I put my FIAMM under the front right side of the fuel tank using a existing screw that holds a wire loom in place. Used the strap that came with the new horn. It faces forward pointing between the frame and radiator. Took about 5 mins to install and no modification of existing wiring needed.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Fiamm

8) Good upgrade from the stock horn. Well done!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have upgraded the horns on all my bikes to the Fiamm highway blasters.
Great horns, and allow me to be heard if need be.
I wish I had as much spare room as you did to mount on most of mine.
Some are real tight to get a horn on.

·
Michigan Back Road Rider
293 Posts
I just installed this horn to the crash bar but will be relocating it based on your photos. Much cleaner install your way.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
I have had the Fiamm AM-80 for sometime. I never was really happy with it in the stock location, so was glad to see your pict after relocation. Yesterday was a nice afternoon in the NW and went for a little ride. Today it is windy and rain so I went out to the garage to wipe down the bike and decided to move the horn. I discovered that facing forward as per your picts one of the power connections was touching the front head cover (just slightly). I tried to rotate the horn but because of the the way it snugs up to the radiator it would not create enough clearance for my satisfaction. I wound up rotating it 180 degrees so the horn faces backwards and the connectors are on the top. This creates more clearance and after testing the horn I cannot tell that it makes any difference in how loud it sounds. When I had it in the stock position it was aiming downward and to the side and when facing forward it is right up against the radiator so I think it is a wash as far as issues around muffled sound. This may not have been an issue for you. I really like the way it cleans up the area under the forks. I am waiting on a set of Kawi Engine guards and really don't know how they will attach but was familiar with the issues folks had mounting the horn on the 3rd party guards.

Thanks for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts