Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just letting everyone who has a vulcan 900 and that are interested in foward controls know that i just ordered the tech glide foward controls from mean cycles and they said that it should be in monday. So i will take pics of them and give my opinion on them.

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey i just put the new foward controls on tonight and so far i like them. im 6'3'' and they stretch me all the way out. they'll take some gettin used to. But ill get some pics on here as soon as i can.

·
Official Bug Taster
361 Posts
Great info. Post some pics soon, you got my attention. At 6'2'' I defenatly could use some more room.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Technically mine are not forward controls but using all the stock stuff with a few add on's a guy here made it moved my pegs up two inchs. im 6'3" and i love them for the price.
The first is the stock position and the second is the added parts

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i saw them on the website but never heard of them so i didnt want to try them. But i didnt have to pay shipping from mean cycles since i spent over 300

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they feel great im 6'3'' and im streched pretty much all the way. installation wasnt to bad but they do not include a step by step intructions. but if you have any kind of mechanical skill it is pretty straight foward. plus the price is not too bad compared to other foward controls minus the guy who had them on here. only thing i wish is if they were black. but other than that i like em.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
I put the tech-glide controls on mine and love them.

Has anyone else had any problems with the rear break switch on these controls?

·
vulcan rida
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i had a little problem with that also. what it is, is that the controls do not actually pivet the bracket that pushes the brake in as much as the stock controls. it really needs a stiffer spring that pulls the rear brake switch. But what i did was bend the bracket up that holds it to make it pull the switch down further.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts