Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike in Sep '07 and installed a Cobra Fi200r fuel processor shortly thereafter b/c it came with aftermarket Cobra Long pipes. I did not like the factory settings that Cobra recommended for our bike. I adjusted each setting and test drove the bike until I was satisfied. I rode the bike from September through December with consistent fuel mileage. My low fuel "idiot" light would come on around after 185-190 miles on a full tank. Towards the end of the riding season (December) my low fuel light started to come on at 160 miles. I was losing 30 miles. This past weekend, I brought my bike into my local Kawasaki service department and explained my dilema. After one day of troubleshooting, they charged me $80 to "re-tweak" my processor settings. They attributed to poor gas mileage to the cobra fuel processor. They said that I might have a faulty processor. It's possible but, I have a hard time swallowing that pill since I haven't touched the processor in over 4 months. I won't know if my mileage has improved until I run it on a full tank. If it hasn't, do I take the bike back or contact Cobra and return the processor? As always, welcome your thoughts........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts