Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 5-8 and I can't see over the shield. I've adjusted it as low as it will go. ran into some fog the other morning, and had to pull over to wipe the shield off. it was cover with water. couldn't see at all. has anyone have a problem with this? thinking about having 2 inches cut off the top of shield. looking for some suggestion. thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
At 5'8 1/2", I have the same problem on my '07 VN900LT. I was used to looking over the top of the Memphis Shade on my 800 and was concerned. My concerns proved true when I ran into around 30-50 miles of hard rain, during darkness, on a 910 miler. I found myself having, at times, to stand slightly in order to see well over the top of the shield. Thank goodness for the floor boards.

I've had the same thoughts as you -- see if I could get it cut off. I haven't checked around the plastic fabricator here yet to see if any one would handle it and give a warranty on their work. I'm worried about scratches, cracking, or weakening.

There was a message on another thread on windshields and rain where a responder indicated he was putting Zookie, an anti-fog lens cleaner being sold at a bike gathering as safe for windshields, on his windshield. It must be a wettng agent because he says it doesn't help much in shedding water, but keeps the windshield clear and easy to see through in the rain. I haven't yet checked into finding out where I might get some to try.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a little worry about the cutting of it also. I wonder why they didn't give more adjustment room at the lower end? I went ahead and took windshield off bike. I am planning on riding to work the next couple of days, as the weather is suppose to be nice , but patchy fog in the morning hours. I don't want to risk not being able to see through shield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts