Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
notice I had an oil on front jug.I thought it was leaking from top valve cover. after tearing everything apart I notice the oil wasn't comming from the top cover. it looks like it was comming from the head gasket. oil is in the cooling fin where the heads bolt to the cylinder. it is on the side where the air breather is. I took the air box off to see if oil could be comming from somewher else. I don't see anything. I just can't believe the oil is comming from the head gasket on such a new bike. any thoughts before I tear it apart? thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all. I run my oil about middle of sight glass. haven't been much of a problem with oil in the filter. the oil seams to gather in the cooling fin that match the head to the cylinder. where the head gasket is located. I thought I might check the torque on the head. i may also drain the oil down to the low mark on sight glass and see if that makes a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.