Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been fun talking about the pulley.

What i really need is rear passenger floorboards for my wife.

Has anyone actually seen and compared the Cobra product to the Kawasaki part? Maybe something else.

Since we have a small foot i want the floorboard that is the smallest.

Any suggestions.

·
Vulcan 900 Classic
103 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I opted for the Kawasaki passenger floorboards. They match the rider floorboards perfectly, and are a perfect fit. My wife loves them.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
If you want a board, but you also want something small, check out the kuryakyn ISO Wings.
Will they just bolt on in place of the passenger pegs? Wife wants rear boards but this would be an option and less expensive than the boards. Guess they would fit the 1500 classic.....

Charles

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I opted for the Kawasaki passenger floorboards. They match the rider floorboards perfectly, and are a perfect fit. My wife loves them.
Same here...the Kaw boards look good, not flashy but good. They are very well made, have great chrome when folded up, etc. The install was flawless with all the parts I needed in the kit. If you want something flashy, go with cobra or jardine or something of that nature.

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
I have the Kawi passenger boards. They are a little more than half the length of my driver floorboards. My wife loves them. They were simple to install except for that d#$n little ball that you install so the boards rotate downward.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
It has been fun talking about the pulley.

What i really need is rear passenger floorboards for my wife.

Has anyone actually seen and compared the Cobra product to the Kawasaki part? Maybe something else.

Since we have a small foot i want the floorboard that is the smallest.

Any suggestions.
I just bought the Kaw rear floorboards and they aren't that big. My daughter is 10 and they are about as long as her foot. The nice thing is there will be no more boot to clean off my pipes!!

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
I also wanted the smallest boards, but, ended up going with the Kawi boards.
They matched the front and I wanted to keep the lines. Ended up very satisfied and glad we purchased them. Was also able to take them with me over to the 2K. Got them from a dealer on Ebay very reasonable.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Why though are the OEM, CW and Cobra boards all up pushing $300 and the Kuryakyn ISO ones only $199? :confused:
Kevin,

I found mine on Ebay from a dealer. Paid $230., more than I wanted, but, the few xtra bucks was worth them matching to me. I'll try to dig up some pics.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Didn't take a pic when they were on the 9, this will have to do.

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those from Custom World do look good.

Anybody have those colored LED lights mounted up? Can those things be turned off durning the day. I would guess that the chromes rear floorbords and belt gaurd would help reflect on the left side of the bike.

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What brand are those JacksonW?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts