Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
900mocustom
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So here is the deal .... I would love to debadge the tank on my SE . BUT .... Like others on here I think the tank would look disproportional with the stripes and and no badges . So here is my question ...... What ideas do any of you have to fill the voided area on the tank ?

·
soft drinks & stiff women
694 Posts
Same reason I haven't debadged mine...

but...I'm kinda of a Photoshop guru, so here's my bike with and without the badge. Even recreated the reflection for the most realistic depiction. :biggrin:

·
694 Posts
i dont think it looks out of wack witout the badge

BTW: Great job Angliam

Also, when did you paint the trim on your headlight and tail light grey?
I did them quite a while ago. I need to touch up the headlight and do the turn signals still. I used RustOleum Metallic Paint - 244228 Metallic Charcoal, it's almost an exact match to the '09 Custom SE frame color.

I think I made a thread about it a while back. Here's a closeup of the taillight...

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
i actually really like the SE tank badge...

but that being said, it does look good without it too.

i wouldn't remove the pinstripes though. personally.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice job

Same reason I haven't debadged mine...

but...I'm kinda of a Photoshop guru, so here's my bike with and without the badge. Even recreated the reflection for the most realistic depiction. :biggrin:

That almost makes me want to rip off the lights and busket and paint mine. By the way where did you get your frame bag, I have always loved that style and can't seem to find any up here in the frozen north.

·
694 Posts
That almost makes me want to rip off the lights and busket and paint mine. By the way where did you get your frame bag, I have always loved that style and can't seem to find any up here in the frozen north.
Leatherworks, Inc. 312LHD Chopper Bag.

Swingarm Bag, Single sided Softail Saddlebags, Leatherworks 312 Chopper Bag

Be warned, they don't hold a whole lot; a couple 20oz bottles and some sunglasses is the max. They make a thicker model, too which gives you an extra couple inches (3" on mine to 5" on the thicker model).

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Looks better without the badges in my opinion.

·
Threadjacker
111 Posts
Ok So here is the deal .... I would love to debadge the tank on my SE . BUT .... Like others on here I think the tank would look disproportional with the stripes and and no badges . So here is my question ...... What ideas do any of you have to fill the voided area on the tank ?
Get a custom vinyl decal that says "Show Me" or "Mizzou" or whatever floats your boat. Let everybody know who's 900 that is.

·
This snow has got to go!
513 Posts
I like the look of the SE debadged but man i dont know.... Like i said before I think if it came debadged I would spent $100 on getting the SE badge to put on it. I guess I could always take it off and see if i liked it... it's not like it cant be put back on with some new automove quality double sided sticky tape.

I wish that the gas tanks didnt have that ugly a$$ seam on the bottom. I wonder how much it would cost to have that turned down and what it would do to the paint on the bottom of the tank.

·
900mocustom
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ty for the pics angliam . I have to say that it doesnt look nearly as bad as i was invisioning in my head .......lol. And i had been kicking around the same idea of painting the head and tail light trims as well .. But i am think of trying to match up the gray of the handle bars for a bit more contrast . HMMMM gee thanks special K now you gave me another idea ....... thats all i needed was another decission to try and make .....LOL

·
694 Posts
Ty for the pics angliam . I have to say that it doesnt look nearly as bad as i was invisioning in my head .......lol. And i had been kicking around the same idea of painting the head and tail light trims as well .. But i am think of trying to match up the gray of the handle bars for a bit more contrast . HMMMM gee thanks special K now you gave me another idea ....... thats all i needed was another decission to try and make .....LOL
The handle bars and the frame are the same color of grey... :confused:

·
900mocustom
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes bustcard I actually was referring to your post about painting them black . I do appreciate everybodies responses and ideas on the subject thank you to you all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts