Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

900 Trailer pulling question?

10K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  RussVulcan 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there pulled a trailer with a 900, I know that kawa does not recommend it, but mine is out of warrantty anyway, and I think it could handle it with no problems.

Ride Safe & Long!!!
Catfish

#27 ·
just curious, do you know the curb weight of the custom?
I pulled out my service manual. The custom is 610 exactly (with full tank) Classic is just under 620 and the LT is the fatty at about 655.

Yes that folding trailer looked perfect for the 900. I'd be interested in the little one wheelers as well, I think those would be way to go.

#29 ·
Lesse, 655 plus my weight, 925 pounds. What's that? I have to wear cloathes too? Alrighty probably closer to 935 now. Them 15 4E boots ain't light you know.
I have that same problem.:lol: Hey not to change the subject, but, I got my Darkside decal. I miscalculated the size of the one on yuor bike and ended up with the big one. No problem though. Having the painter put it on the back of my trunk where it will get more notice. Supposed to have all my parts back Friday. Look for new post with pics of the finished mods.

#32 ·
I think that unless you have a V8 you should not tow a trailer.

Get a Boss Hoss and tow whatever you want.

I'll go trunk, saddlebag, and trike before towing a trailer... I think it just stresses things out a lot sooner than they need to be stressed.

On the weight deal... My inline 6 Jeep Wrangler had the power tow a lot of ****, but didn't have the wheelbase... if you try and stop too much and too fast or going downhill you will jacknife.

#34 ·
I felt the same about the ones available for my Nomad. So I built one. It was a long job with a lot of cutting, fitting, filing, etc. It works well and doesn't look too bad.
I'm making mine in 3 parts. 2 that bolt to the fender mounts and will stay on the bike, and the piece with the ball that will slide into the other 2 pieces. Did some of the welding and fitting today. Still not right yet. Will take some pics when I get a little closer to being right. And yes, a lot of heating and bending and filing and grinding.but, will save me $350.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.