Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if this is a problem or not. sometimes when I shift to 2nd gear the trans. will kick out of 2nd and back into nutral. almost feels like maybe I didn't have it all the way into 2nd gear. is this a problem with having the pos.nutral finder? problem or not? need your advice. thanks

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
You probably just did not have it all the way down into 2nd gear or you might have placed it in Neutral.

I've never had that problem on my 900 (knocking on wood).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
don't know if this is a problem or not. sometimes when I shift to 2nd gear the trans. will kick out of 2nd and back into nutral. almost feels like maybe I didn't have it all the way into 2nd gear. is this a problem with having the pos.nutral finder? problem or not? need your advice. thanks
Yep Yep, have the same "issue" with mine. Only happens occaisionslly and I can usually feel my laziness at a lacksidasical shift when it pops out. I believe the culprit for me is just a 1/2 shift, gotta move that foot a little more. I have had 0 problems with shifting on good positive shifts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have notice it only happens when I used the heel to shift to 2nd. when I use my toe it haven't pop out of 2nd, so yes it may be a lazy shift problem. I just wanted to be sure it was me and not the trans. thanks

·
Vulcan 900 Classic
103 Posts
Yep, the same thing happens to me also. But in my case, it's when I'm using the tow shifter pulling up. When I use the heel shifter, I usually don't have the problem. But I agree that it's only when I feel I don't shift hard enough. Is a PITA though.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have had the same occur, as a new rider I assumed it was my novice experience only have 350 mi on the street .

·
Jason C
122 Posts
Same issue here. I have noticed that I don't give it a good how's your father if you know what I mean. I am interested in the heal shifter. I have the 900 custom. Any info on that would be great.

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
I've never had that problem either. I also run full synthetic oil in my 900 too.
Makes for a smoother upshift and downshift.

Lucky...

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Have had the same thing happen a few times, and always after a lazy shift. Makes for a funny couple seconds of WTF and then a nice shade of red in the face as you pull away from a light with traffic all around. :redface:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Have had the same thing happen a few times, and always after a lazy shift. Makes for a funny couple seconds of WTF and then a nice shade of red in the face as you pull away from a light with traffic all around. :redface:
HA! yeah, especailly that great high-rpm rap you get....people think we're just showin off

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
I've had the same thing happen a couple times on my 1600. Just a lazy shift. I use my heel shifter for 2nd & give er a pretty good lick. No prob! :biggrin: 8)

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
HA! yeah, especailly that great high-rpm rap you get....people think we're just showin off
TEE HEE... look at me, aren't I soooooo cool :oops: even more so with the loud pipes. That and the funny look on your face they know it twernt on purpose:shock:
That's happened to me... alot. I thought I was being lazy, but with all of you guys doing it to, I wonder......

·
Registered
165 Posts
was talking to a mechanic buddy of mine that said he had a vulcan 900 classic come in with a bad tranny. he opend it to see what the shift star inside looked like and it was all good...it was a problem inside the motor..not sure what yet waiting for a report.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I am spoiled now. Having the foot pads on my 900LT, I always use heel shifting from 2nd to 5th. Give it a good step back, but be gentle.

Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts