Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
My 06' 900 LT best has been 52 MPG, worst being 42. There are so many factor's like rider's weight (270 lbs. vs. say 200 lbs), speed, wind, roads (hills), tire pressure(s).
Anyway, I am happy with my MPG's I get.:)

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
220 lbs here. Changed the tire pressure to 40 front and 40 back. Mild wind. I think I was just lucky I got that good of mpg's. I do downshift a lot and try to work her thru the gears properly. Then again I drive truck (10 speed) all day so shifting and working the engine to get the best performance isn't new to me.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
220 lbs here. Changed the tire pressure to 40 front and 40 back. Mild wind. I think I was just lucky I got that good of mpg's. I do downshift a lot and try to work her thru the gears properly. Then again I drive truck (10 speed) all day so shifting and working the engine to get the best performance isn't new to me.
Best thing I ever did to mine Seadog! 28/32 per manuel is a joke. I had 4500 miles on mine before I noticed a thread here about running more air in tires but I still could have got more than 11,500 out of my back and my front still looks good at 15,500 even though I am considering putting a new one on by summer.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I was getting 45-50 (just a tank to tank measure) with the dealers 26-28 in the tires. I just put in 36-36. I haven't gotten a good feel for any change in MPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts