Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudes,

Fairly new to the site but would like to say hey to my fellow 900 riders across the world. Itching to get on the beast and go for a cruise but here in the UK the weather sucks at the moment, dirty ****ty wet roads its a nightmare. How i dream of those californian coast roads or those sandy long strechs of ashphelt through nevada.

Anyone have any good stories about long hot cruises to keep me and my buddies going, otherwise its another day out on the CRF 450 for the boys.

Sticky Wicket

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Hello and if I haven't said it before, welcome. Sorry to hear the weather is that bad over there. We have had pretty good weather here, but I have had to do stuff for everyone else the last 3 days and didn't get to ride either. Tomorrow for sure (at least a short ride). It has been in the 70's during the day so I hope that holds tomorrow. Night about 40 so a little cool for a comfortable ride.

I haven't done any long hot cruises for a while, but there will be lots of time for that when summer comes back.

How is the 900 selling in the UK? Is it a popular bike, and which do you have the custom or the classic?

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The grass isn't always greener over here in ca. It's so crowded here and so many unlicensed drivers, you have it way better where you are at. Trust me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is the 900 selling in the UK? Is it a popular bike, and which do you have the custom or the classic?

Again, welcome.
I have the custom with a few mods, plasma blue. The bike seems fairly popular but only a small majority compared to the sale in sports and naked bikes. The suzuki GSXR is probably one of the biggest sellers, but i love the cruisers and especially the VN, once i have got rid of the stock mirrors, blinkers and tail tidy i'll be happy.

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
The grass isn't always greener over here in ca. It's so crowded here and so many unlicensed drivers, you have it way better where you are at. Trust me.
its funny , how we think its better elsewhere :lol: , you are correct in saying the grass aint always greener ..

·
Registered
823 Posts
Welcome mate, much better out here in the "colonies"!
Sun's always shining, beers always cold, the sheilas are all bonza, and the roads are beaut!

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Sun's always shining, beers always cold, the sheilas are all bonza, and the roads are beaut!
OK That's it then. We're all coming to your house.
err, as soon as we can find Tanah Merah on the map.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Are you teasing them again Christo from the state thats Beautiful one day and Perfect the next, careful or we will have an influx of Yanks and Poms.:biggrin:
I suppose we could always have a BBQ with them and give them a real beer(XXXX or Coopers).:biggrin:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hey "sticky Wicket" you are not the only one who is wishing for better weather, I have just got a new meanstreak and down south it is just as bad, only done 600 miles since I picked her up and not in thw last 3 weeks :-(

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are you teasing them again Christo from the state thats Beautiful one day and Perfect the next, careful or we will have an influx of Yanks and Poms.:biggrin:
I suppose we could always have a BBQ with them and give them a real beer(XXXX or Coopers).:biggrin:
Count me in, if it does not clear up soon I am on the first plane over there, I have taken a look at google earth and can't spot a house with a bike ouside yet but still looking. Tanah Merah seems a great location, get the beers in lads !!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm actually in Adelaide, South Oz an my bike is in the shed at the moment, just waiting for the drizzle to go away.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Count me in, if it does not clear up soon I am on the first plane over there, I have taken a look at google earth and can't spot a house with a bike ouside yet but still looking. Tanah Merah seems a great location, get the beers in lads !!!!

You'd be looking for 2 bikes in Tanah Merah, and you'd have to have your X-ray specs on to see through the carport roof! And you need to hurry if you want to see my bikes in Tanah Merah, 'cause as of February, they'll be up in Townsville (Tropical North Queensland).

Granny, any time you want to come for a Barbecue is fine by me! Only one of the 2 beers you mentioned is a "real" beer, and it's not spelt wih four identical letters!

·
I like explosions
252 Posts
Good on ya mate, good to see they're are custom riders in the UK.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry dude's but XXXX isn't a real beer, we brush our teeth with that stuff over here, now a good pint of Stella Boc, now thats a beer.

Glad you ozy's have some hot weather, keep cruising boys!!

·
Warning V2k Onboard
1,585 Posts
Come on guys, all this talk of the weather back home is unfair!
I'm in freezing Finland and not a real beer in sight.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sorry dude's but XXXX isn't a real beer, we brush our teeth with that stuff over here, now a good pint of Stella Boc, now thats a beer.

Glad you ozy's have some hot weather, keep cruising boys!!
Well aware that XXXX is not a good beer, but certainly can't take an insult like that from a Pom! Not with the warm buckets of p1ss you blokes drown your sorrows in!
Warm beer and cold pies? What are you thinking?:tongue:
Christo

·
Registered
324 Posts
I Can't let you get away with that all on your own :wink: :biggrin:
Well aware that XXXX is not a good beer, but certainly can't take an insult like that from a Pom! Not with the warm buckets of p1ss you blokes drown your sorrows in!
Warm beer and cold pies? What are you thinking?:tongue:
Christo
We drank loads of our warm p1ss after this result LOL.
Chek out the link below for full information !!
England beat Autralia in surpise knockout | Unofficial Rugby 2007 fixtures, news and teams

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey sticky, where abouts in suffolk are you? I lived in the most blue collar town in England for 2005, i bet you can guess what town that is. I only wish i had a bike for the odd sunny day there, instead i just had my Rover to go cruising in, but at least it had a sunroof!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts