Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 91 KX250 pretty cheap, he said it had a new top end which I believe, I comp. tested it and it has 180 psi. The problem is it has no power wont even attempt to pull the tire in any gear. it will run up the rpms but it dont go anywhere well at least fast anyway. almost feels like a 4 stroke. I pulled the exhaust off and looked into the cylinder at the exhaust valves and they are operating when i move the rod in and out. Not sure where to start, could the reeds be causing this or the floats not being set right? Any advice would be appreciated ty

·
Registered
917 Posts
worn clutch plates or clutch cable needs adjustment?

If it revs strong from zero to full throttle it would not be reeds or floats. Possible powervalve but I would start with adjusting the clutch cable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TY for the help, while trying to figure this out the flywheel nut backed off and sheered the key so maybe the flywheel was loose and causing the lack of power had to order a new key so it'll be a few days. I pulled the exhaust off and looked into the cylinder the power valves are opening and closing when i move the rod in and out, so i think i can rule them out and they don't appear to be clogged. It is boggy throughout the rpm, you can hear the powerband kick in but doent pick up power if that makes any sense kinda hard to explain. has a four stroke feel to it, kind reminds me of the way a yamaha warrior runs up the r's eventually it gets there but has no power to back it up falls on its face. The clutch isn't slipping . it has 180 psi on the comp test ( 2 different tester's) pro circuit pipe,new air cleaner, boyesen rad valve's

·
Registered
7 Posts
quit knocking the four strokes haha. you need to ride a new one! i bet the flywheel key will help sure things up man... hey did you the guy you bought it from re jet that carb at all? that could be part of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts