Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a bit of trouble getting my flywheel off. I've seen flywheels with two holes on the front. I understand these holes are for a tool that immobilizes the flywheel. Now, my problem lies with these holes. My flywheel don't have holes on the front. There are two holes on the outside. I don't know of any tool that will adapt to my flywheel. All I have to work on is an impact wrench and a strap wrench. Any alternatives?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having trouble holding the flywheel still. Other flywheels have two holes on the face for a 2-pin tool. My flywheel has holes on the side and none on the face. I don't need a puller right now 'cause what's the point if I can't get this nut undone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that impact gun fast enough? I have no way of stopping the crankshaft from turning. Most flywheels have two holes on the face for a tool. My holes are on the side. If the flywheel spins, the nut spins. There isn't any counter torque

·
Registered
360 Posts
An air impact wrench will remove the nut and you won't even see the flywheel turn. Hold onto the flywheel with your hand if you want to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it. My friend held the crankshaft/connecting rod. Flywheel barely moved and got the nut off. Had some loctite or gasket sealant on the threads, Grey. Gonna have to get a new nut 'cause this one got a few dents now. I want an impact wrench so bad now. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
right on midget,
those are a cool tool to have, but so is a good torque wrench.
do you have the flywheel off yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the puller is on its way. Gotta split the case to clean out some metal chunks. Blew the skirts and bike seized. Def gonna get a new crank and bearings. Pistons too but debating on size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
keep it close to what it is now is what I would do, that way you have room to do this again if you shatter another one.
I`ld spend the money on a port job if you can afford it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts