Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not familiar with these engines. my brother has one and is replacing the stator. when he removed the casing there was oil in the pull start casing and around the stator. i'm pretty sure the pull start casing should be dry but am unsure if the stator casing should be dry. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I'm not familiar with your particular engine, but for the most part Kawasaki engines rely on oil as a coolant and lubrication on the stators of some of the older street bikes(Z1's,Kz900's,Kz1000's,Kz1100's, and GPz1100's).

The over running starter clutches on the above bikes are located behind the alternator rotor and again need oil as a lubricant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[thanks.......i thoguht is should be.......problem is he took it apart before i got there.....from what i understand there is a seal or "O" ring between the pull start casing and engine case thats house the stator. anyone got any other suggestions.

·
Registered
628 Posts
stator is wet, pull is dry. Or it's supposed to be! LOL!

Go to Kawasaki.com to "owner info" and enter what year model and type it is. Click on "parts diagram" and look up the alternator section. That'll tell you if there is a seal or oring or gasket under the pull starter.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Do search for KLF300 CDI and you'll find a whole bunch of posts about them. At one time there was a guy replacing the transistor that burns out them for just a few bucks. You may be able to find his write-up and try it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.