Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '93 kx 80 we are just about to sell it so we dont want to spend much money but it has no spark. i have cleaned all the connections with electronics cleaner and sanded off where the coil mounts, i have also cut the plug wire down so there is more actual wire there for the cap the use. i dont know what to do and we are short on cash right now so i cant spend that much,but we have an ohm meter and all tha tools to fix it but we dont know what it is. i dont have a shop manual for this particlar bike but i have a chiltons for motorcycles and atv's. please help

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
could be .......
low speed coil
CDI
coil
wiring broken somewhere
get a manual and it will tell you how to test all of the above.
good luck :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya sounds like a coil is bad. because you will read resistance but the coil could still be bad. rebuilt coils are like 1oo bucks i gues.. not sure.. try hooking up a siliscope to the bike and check for spark that way. it may be so week that you dont see it.. i had that prob once. the ignition did put out some power but nothing really so i figured i had a bad coil, but ended up selling the bike the way it was at the end any ways.. good luck..

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
I have the same problem. Went from no spark, to a weak spark. It's not the plug. It's either the COIL or the STATOR, My brother works at a dirtbike dealer shop and he is going to bring home a test for both. Hopefully it's the coil, much cheaper then the stator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts