Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a black oil coming out of my exaust and i do not know why. My spark plug isnt fowling so could it be my jetting? also it has started to make a weird pinging noise and i cant tell were it is coming from. i dont know much about bikes but am trying to learn. so any help would be greatly appreceated. thanks

·
Dirt Bike Dad
144 Posts
When was the last time you changed your muffler packing? Checked your jetting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is normal for your bike. Run 50-1 and race gas and it will stop, though I don't recommend running that lean unless you are just racing it on a track. Definitely repack the muffler and run 40-1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the packing and it was soaked so i will change that. i was running it 50:1 but with 87 octane so i changed to 32:1 with 91 octane and it got better but i will try 40:1 and see how that helps. I havent messed with the jetting since i bought the bike a couple months ago so do you think i should check that to. I dont know much about jetting it though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jetting is only changed to correct a running problem, ie missing on top end or bogging on low end, black spark plug or clean white, etc. Your fuel/air ratio has nothing to do with the black ooze coming out of your pipe. Change your packing and your bike will thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts