Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been looking over the posts and it appears that for some of the problems I have been experiencing, I am not alone *whew* This will probably slide into the same fixes that have been posted for rebuilding the carbs on the bike. The bike started fine this morning but when I let the clutch out to take off, the bike stalled. I started the bike and let the engine warm up a little more before trying again and the same result - let the clutch out and the engine dies. Even when revving the engine almost full out. Anyone have any ideas? The bike ran perfectly yesterday without a hiccup, no problems at all. I have been attempting to get an owners/service manual for the bike with no luck :(

Great posts by the way, lots of good tips for those people new to bikes ( like myself :oops: )

Thanks

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
KICK STAND UP ?? :?:

are you saying the bike DIES when you release the clutch ? just want to make sure its atcually dieing and not just dogging down.
if its DIEING when you let the clutch out then i would check the KICKSTAND switch first and then the clutch switch. sounds like the kickstand switch is sticking and making the bike think the stand is still down when you let up on the clutch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting.....

The kickstand is up when the bike does die ( and it dies completely, brings the engine to a dead stop ) but I will have a look at that switch. The thought also came to mind of a flow problem in the carb, ie junk in the line so the flow of gas is restricted. I filled up the tank last night on my way home, then left the bike to sit overnight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah...

Thanks so much for the help! It did end up being the switch ( last place I would have thought to look )

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I had my switch go out in the middle of a ride, left me stranded on an outback country road. It was the First place I thought to look due to the circumstances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts