Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thing was setup for 2 years with gas in it. Got it running but cant get it to idle without the choke. Runs fine though it is a little rough at low rmp but i think that is because of the constant choke setting. Sometimes it revvs really high also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sounds like the float bowl needles aren't sealing. you can remove and soak them in brake fluid over night, this will make them swell, then take a q-tip and put a little piece of ultra fine steel wool on the end attach the q-tip to a slow speed cordless drill and hone the needle seats. good luck, i just had to do this to my 78 cb750, worked great.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
When the bike is warm does it still stall out without the choke on? if so, you are not getting enough fuel to the engine. I would take the carbs off the bike and clean them from top to bottom with carb cleaner. Make sure the butterfly valves open and close smoothly and there are no carbon deposits at the pivot point and where the butterfly valve seals up.

Try cleaning the float valves as suggested by gotsum or just get a carb kit that will replace all the main components. Check all of your gaskets and make sure the diaphram from the upper part of your carbs are in good condition and seal up good. If not that will make you run lean (need for choke)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fixed and idling

Took the carbs out and cleaned them from head to toe, including needle seat. Put them back in verified that there were not manifold leaks with good seal all around. Bike fired up with the choke and needed it until it got warm then I adjusted the idle and BANGO it worked! Thankx guys! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts