Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me either the correct number of turns or how to setup the idle mixture from scratch. Under hard acceleration I am blowing black smoke out of the exhaust and has a noticeable miss from 4.5k to 5k. This bike sat up for 2 years with only 1 mile put on it :( so it has been hard to get it to even idle well. btw the idle goes from around 3k down to 1k and will die if you don't tweak the throttle to take off. I've taken the carbs out of the bike 2 times already but haven't pulled the jets. The carbs are very clean inside because they were rebuilt by a dealer before the bike was put up. One interesting thing about the carbs is that 1 butterfly ( #3 cylinder)has a much darker tint to it than the others. THANKX ahead of time for all the previous and future help!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Clean the pilot jets, make sure they are very very clean, I'd soak them in carb cleaner and run some sort of really small needle through them. The best way to rest them is to turn them all the way in and then turn them counter-clockwise 2 full turns. Thats a good starting point for all the carbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts