Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have a 1993 ZX6D, just spent lots of time & money gathering parts for the "cheap" bike I bought. Ok, now that I've learned my lesson, buy something that runs well, mc parts are expensive.

Bike has tank & fairings off now. Fluids replaced, all wiring hooked up except for lights, fuel sensor, and that's about it.

When I turn on th ignition I get nothing, no lights on the instrument cluster, no click, no starter turn over. Where best to start?

Thanks!
Jersey jeff

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
start with a LOAD TEST on the battery, any car parts/motorcycle shop can do this for free.
check the MAIN FUSE in the starter relay and make sure its good. if it is then you can even elim. the battery by yourself by putting jumper cables off your car on it. if the lights come on/starter works then the battery is DONE, REPLACE IT.
check thest two things first and then get back to me and let me know what happened. :wink:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Good place 2 Start

Nice places to start...WD-40 your OFF/ON/OFF switch and work it good, also make sure the bike is in Neutral and clean up the kickstand cutout switch...IF the bike battery is shot toss it do ont have it in the system when you jump it with a car battery or it will explode if it is shorted internally,,,also it could mess up your charging system on your bike if the bike battery IS dead, Remove the bike battery completely and use a car battery it won't hurt the bike. DO NOT crank the bike over and over or you will burn out the starter. Starters have what they call a starter duty cycle...the insides get very hot...cranking and cranking will melt the wiring. Get back to us...we'll get you through this...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts