Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm having an issue with the carbs on my 94 ZX 600 E. I couldn't get the bike to idle w/o a quarter choke at all times. So I ripped the carbs down and completely cleaned them out. The needles had buildup but it all came off w/ carb cleaner. When I reassemblied it, I fired it up w/o the airbox on to make sure it would run before spending timing reassembling the the whole thing. I noticed that only my #4 butterfly was oscillating(moving up and down). The other 3 butterflies weren't moving at all. I revved it a bit, sprayed carb cleaner while I did it with limited succes. I got #1 and #3 to oscillate a bit but they still seemed to stick and #2 won't move unless I hit the throttle.

The butterflies are perfectly cleaned, the needles appear clean anyone have any thoughts on my next step? It won't idle w/o the choke on and I really want to get riding again.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Oh yeah, I don't have a manual, but does anyone know how may turn the 3 main screws should be turned out?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you cleaned them really good it could be a couple of issues. Did you clean the main jets?

Another possibility is the diaphram on top of the carb may not be sealing up 100%. You mushed it when you put it back together or they are damaged and don't seal properly.

Could be that your carbs are out of sync and need 20 minutes to get them synched again - need a vacuum gauge/manometer or a great eye.
I use a carbtuner II, but you can buy a Motion Pro at your local dealer faster. Hook up the tubes to the nipples and level out carbs 1 and 2.
Do the same to 3 and 4 and lastly to banks 1/2 and 3/4 with the middle adjustment.

You probably have an idle set as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed that one of the diaphrams had some type of sealant around the lip. Anyone idea what sealant is used?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts