Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up a 94 ZX6E tomorrow. It doesn't have an owners manual, so I wanted to make sure that it would run fine on 87 octane. I am willing to put hi-test in it if required, but otherwise I run regular gas in my vehicles.

·
Registered
49 Posts
re: OCTANE

Hey, when I first got my bike I put in 87 (or regular) and I found out that it was running a bit weird and all, and I started to put it Mid-Grade (89-90~) and I found that it runs amazing and smooth, and then I found out that the 500 recomends at least 89 ;)

So the 87 should be fine, but I would suggest putting in 89 or mid-grade to have good performance and all, Its not like your wasting lots of money filling up a bike with only 18 or so litres compared to a 60 litre cage ;)

Hope it helps,

Ryan

·
Registered
605 Posts
87-89 should be fine for your bike, midgrade is what I'm saying, with 83-85 it would probably knock and with 91 it wouldn't do much more than 87

·
Registered
1 Posts
Octane for 94 ZX6-E

I have a 93 ZX-6E1 and I notice a big difference if I don't use 93 octane when I am riding hard. For normal highway crusing I don't think it makes a big difference. but if you race or ride hard stick with hi-test. It's less than 50cents a tank difference and not a bad investment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts