Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '95 kx 250, it had been sitting since last summer so i checked the air filter, and put new gas in it and it started up four kick and ran good until third right before the power ban it bogged down for a second and and then kicked back in and rode fine through that gear, fourth and fifth same problem every time. So i replaced the plug and checked the carb (brand spanking new on the inside), still same problem, then i tinkered with the air fuel screw and the problem stopped, but now it is acting like it isnt getting enough fuel in first and second ( like the choke is on) so i messed with the screw a little more and now most of the gears have the problem. It hasn't stalled up one time on me, Any idea's, im out of them...

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Hopefully you noted the original setting of the mixture screw before you started making adjustments to it. If you did then set it back where it was and try running some cleaner like Seafoam in a tank of gas. Sounds like it's got a little blockage in the carb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts