Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie, and have had my bike since August. She's run perfect...until now when I dropped her. AAGH, I know. After I got her back up, I turned her back on and she seemed good to go.

However, when I came back out after work she was a no go. No juice, no power. Since I haven't run into this problem before, I have NO clue how to try to jump a bike. So help with that?

And another question...when I popped the seat, there was a tube from the body, not attached to anything. And it smelled like gas...normal?

Last question - ideas as to what else it may be if it's not the battery? What else should I check? Again I remind you, I'm a newbie to maintaining/fixing my own bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm a newbie, and have had my bike since August. She's run perfect...until now when I dropped her. AAGH, I know. After I got her back up, I turned her back on and she seemed good to go.

However, when I came back out after work she was a no go. No juice, no power. Since I haven't run into this problem before, I have NO clue how to try to jump a bike. So help with that?

And another question...when I popped the seat, there was a tube from the body, not attached to anything. And it smelled like gas...normal?

Last question - ideas as to what else it may be if it's not the battery? What else should I check? Again I remind you, I'm a newbie to maintaining/fixing my own bike.
Jump a bike the same way you jump a car. Only difficulty is in accessing the battery. That tube is probably a vent/overflow from the fuel tank- don't cap it or try to remove it. Battery might have drained if it isn't a sealed type, also the cylinders might be flooded with fuel but that doesn't seem likely. Make sure to check the kill switch and kickstand/clutch cutouts. Maybe something got bumped/ rattled loose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts